WLDP Event in Japan
3 October 2012- 7 October 2012
Girl Scouts of Japan looks forward to welcome Girl Guides/Girl Scouts from around the world this October!
WAGGGS and the Girl Scouts of Japan will host a WAGGGS Leadership Development Programme (WLDP) in Tokyo, Japan from 3-7 October 2012. This event will provide a forum for current and future decision makers in Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting associations to share challenges and raise awareness on leadership development trends; to learn and discuss about leadership theories and practices; to share best practices and tools in order to build a network of leaders across WAGGGS members.
Objectives of the event:
- To explore leadership concepts and styles
- To develop leadership skills for the next generation of leaders
- To share best practices in leadership and leading others
- To build a network of international leaders who can support each other
Profile of participants expected at the event:
- Participants must be between 20-40 years old
- Each participating Association can send maximum 2 participants
- Participants should have any experience in decision making or its potential at national, regional or provincial level
- Participants must be able to speak English
- Participants must have frequent access to the Internet
- Participants should be able to commit towards the implementation of a project or action plan after the event
Details of the event:
Dates: 3-7 October 2012 (Participants are expected to arrive on 2 October and depart on 8 October)
Venue: National Olympics Memorial Youth Center (NYC), Tokyo, Japan
Participation Fee: USD 500 (includes single-room accommodation, meals and educational materials)
Home Hospitality: Maximum 3 nights before the event, starting from 28 September 2012. Domestic transfer cost for home hospitality will be borne by the participant and the cost will be within USD 120
Deadline of application: 17 August 2012
Please download the information and application pack of the event here.
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact Katheri Ann Charcos-Puyo, AP Development Executive, at Katheri@wagggsworld.org