Forum 2017: Leading For her world will create a new space during the conference to learn from other delegations, profile your organisation’s innovative ideas, and connect to work on shared challenges.
Find out more
During the conference, Forum 2017 will create a variety of spaces for connecting and exploring the theme, Leading For her world, through three learning pathways; Leading Transformation, Adapting the Experience, and Sharing Your Story.
- Introducing Forum 2017 - English
- Introducing Forum 2017 - French
- Introducing Forum 2017 - Spanish
- Introducing Forum 2017 - Arabic
Get ready for Forum 2017: Leading For Her World
Looking forward to the networking and learning opportunities of the World Conference? There are three steps you can take now to prepare, and help create an exciting collaborative space at Forum 2017. Please see below.
1. Get ready for the Market of Ideas
The Market of Ideas is a fun and relaxed networking space, which will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 19 September in the Peacock Ballroom. Every delegation will be allocated table space at the Market to showcase their most innovative programmes, projects, research, and ideas. During the market, split your time between telling others about your work, and moving around the hall to visit other delegation spaces. To prepare for the market of ideas:
- Consider how what you share responds to the theme, Leading For Her World.
- Bring photos, copies of programmes and resources, fun facts, statistics etc, to display.
- Bring business cards or contact sheets to help follow up useful connections
- Make it inviting and interactive! You will be sharing a large round table with another delegation, so bring signs and other materials to make your area stand out
- Want to share videos about your Association or showcasing projects and activities? Email them to email@example.com for sharing on the main screen
- You will not have wall space. Anything you bring should be freestanding or be displayed on the table.
- There will not be power at every table. If possible, bring any devices charged to last the market. Limited power sockets will be available on a first come, first served basis on the day.
2. Choose your workshops
On Wednesday 20th September, every conference participant will have the chance to take part in four MO-led workshop sessions, two in the morning and two in the afternoon. We are running eight different sessions in parallel each time! Each session will explore different ideas related to the theme under three pathways: leading transformation, adapting the experience, and sharing your story. Sessions will be led by different Member Organisations and will be translated into different languages.
You can register for workshops on arrival at the World Conference at a special Forum 2017 registration desk, however it would really help the Forum 2017 team if as many participants as possible register in advance using this form:
Please only register for sessions offered in a language you can work in.
Please make sure each member of your delegation receives this link! As there are so many great sessions being offered, consider splitting your delegation between the sessions available in their languages.
3. Prepare to share at the Hub
The Hub is a special part of Forum 2017 that will be open for networking throughout the conference. Visit the hub to explore WAGGGS Global Programmes, learn more about Leading For Her World, and take part in some new networking opportunities. There are three key ways to be part of the hub:
Promote international opportunities – bring details of any international opportunities in the coming years you would like to share with other Associations to add to our world map, and learn how you can be part of making some exciting WAGGGS international experiences happen in the next triennium!
Share programmes and resources – do you have any toolkits, programmes or other resources that your Association may consider sharing with other Associations? Talk to a member of the hub team to learn more about our plans for a global resource library
Volunteer for WAGGGS – want to encourage your members to volunteer for WAGGGS? Get more information about how to promote these opportunities, and sign up!