Fun and adventure high in the Swiss Alps!
We are excited to be able to offer Swiss Challenge and Mini Swiss Challenge events in August 2020. We are open to new bookings and prices start from CHF 420 per person for Swiss Challenge (8 nights) and CHF 235 per person for Mini Swiss Challenge (4 nights). The first event will be Swiss Challenge 5 starting on 4 August. Unfortunately, we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel all events in June and July 2020.
Our Swiss Challenge and Mini Swiss Challenge events include action packed programmes suitable for families, youth groups, and young adult Guides/Scouts and their friends. Full details of the activities and pricing options are available in our Info Pack here.
There will be some changes to Swiss Challenge and Mini Swiss Challenge events in August to help us keep everyone safe and to meet the minimum participant numbers needed to run these events. The changes include:
- These events will now be open to participants aged 12-30, under 18s must still be accompanied by at least one adult age 18+.
- There is no requirement for participants to be an active member of Guiding or Scouting, which will allow Guides/Scouts to participate with friends or family who are not involved in Guiding/Scouting.
- All participants will be required to agree to follow our COVID19 protection concept rules, including not attending the event if you have symptoms of COVID19. An outline of these rules can be found here. Full details will be provided prior to confirming a booking.
- We will aim to run the programme as close to advertised as possible, however, we will need to remain flexible in this to prioritise participant and staff safety. Where it becomes necessary to change a programme activity we will offer the best alternative possible.
- We are currently working on our plan for catering and will provide details as soon as possible. It is likely that mealtimes will look different to normal, possibly including breakfast and dinner being served at different times for different groups.
- All new bookings made before the end of June benefit from our temporary booking terms and conditions, including refundable deposits. Details can be found here.
You can find full details of the events, prices, and what activities are included in our Swiss Challenge Information Pack here.
Why are you changing the age range for Swiss Challenge events? Will this apply in future years?
Our Swiss Challenge events were designed for groups of Guides/Scouts accompanied by a limited number of adult leaders. This is to help us achieve our mission of offering opportunities to girls and young women. In a normal summer our Swiss Challenge events are full with 12-18 year old Guides/Scouts and their leaders. However, we know that this summer it will be much harder for groups of children/teenagers to travel for a number of reasons.
Therefore, to continue to allow as many girls and young women as possible to access our events we are allowing those up to age 30 to join events as participants, not leaders. We are also removing the requirement to be an active member of Guiding/Scouting to give the option of travelling with friends or family members who are not currently members. We hope this will allow new people to discover Guiding/Scouting while also making it easier for current members to access our programme this summer.
2020 is the last year we will be running Swiss Challenge events. The age range and membership requirements for our new summer events from 2021 onwards have not changed.
Are you offering camping and self-catering options for events?
Yes, subject to availability our self-contained smaller buildings and our campsite can be booked for self-catering event participants. You can find details of available self-catering accommodation, including camping, here.
I am high risk/vulnerable to COVID19, can I take part in an event?
Unfortunately, no. We are not able to allow anyone who is considered high risk/vulnerable to COVID19 to take part in any programme activities. Switzerland defines those at high risk as:
- Above the age of 65
- Adults with the following underlying medical conditions:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Conditions and therapies that weaken the immune system
- High blood pressure
- Adults who are classed as morbidly obese or have a BMI greater than or equal to 40 kg/m2
We encourage you to also check the definition in your home country and not take part if you meet either definition.
We can’t get travel insurance that covers COVID19 as it is a known event, can we travel without insurance?
We recommend that you still purchase travel insurance as it should provide cover for other things such as lost luggage and accidents or illness not related to COVID19. Check what is covered with the policy provider before purchasing.
You may also wish to consider becoming a patron of REGA, which allows you to support the Swiss air rescue service and can reduce your rescue costs if you are involved in a serious accident while in Switzerland. Please note that this should only be considered in addition to, not in place of, travel insurance.
I have another question about safety, Our Chalet’s protection concept, or refunds for an existing booking.
You can find answers to these questions here.
Book your visit to Our Chalet!
Our Chalet is open to groups, families and individuals throughout the year. We'd love to see you soon, book your stay online todayEnquire now!