- A message from The World Association on the passing of Nelson Mandela
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts would like to express our condolences and contribute our voice to the thousands around the world paying tribute to a great leader and advocate for peace, Nelson Mandela.
- Adult Training, Learning and Development Resource Pool Workshop
- Find out more about the Adult Training, Learning and Development Resource Pool who met at Pax Lodge in December 2013.
- 5 December is International Volunteering Day!
- Today the world is celebrating the contribution of millions of young volunteers who are acting globally towards social change. This year’s International Volunteer Day (IVD) theme is Young. Global. Active.
- International friendship has no end
- Girl Guides of Canada Donate Record-Breaking 1.82KM of Friendship Bracelets!
- World AIDS Day
- Today is the World AIDS Day. It is held on 1 December each year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV and to demonstrate international solidarity in the face of the pandemic.
- WAGGGS delegate, Maggie Simmons, speaks at Hay Festival alongside Natalie Bennett, Leader of the UK’s Green Party
- Tonight, the Hay Festival Winter Wonderland kicks off in Wales and UK Girlguiding member, Maggie Simmons, will be speaking alongside Natalie Bennett, Leader of the UK’s Green Party, at an event hosted by our partner, Environmental Justice Foundation.
- A special greeting from WAGGGS on Thanksgiving Day
- WAGGGS would like to wish our American sisters a happy Thanksgiving Day. We wish you peace and happiness during this holiday season and in the year to come.
- National Leadership Development Programme Update
- Since the pilot programme of the National Leadership development Programme (NLDP) in May 2013, plans have been underway to implement the NLDP across regions.
- Fifth World Centre Pilot Project-Community Action Experience, Kenya 2013
- 8 young women from Madagascar, Nigeria, Liberia, Kenya, Lebanon, UK and USA came together at Shanzu Transitional Workshop for Disabled Young Women in Mombasa, Kenya as part of the Fifth World Centre Pilot Project Community Action Experience.
- WAGGGS launches new Stop the Violence - speak out for girls' rights website!
- On the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, the kick off day for the 16 Days of activism campaign, WAGGGS launches our brand new Stop the violence - speak out for girls' rights campaign.
Page 1 of 64