- Message from the Chair
- Dear Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, I am very excited to be celebrating another World Thinking Day with all Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world. How fabulous to think that throughout our 146 Member Organisations, across five regions of the world, 10 million girls and young women, will be connected together in celebrating this special day; united in one vision and with big ambitions to make the world a better place for girls.
- WTD 2015 - Tell us what you think!
- Now your World Thinking Day (WTD) celebrations are over, we would like your feedback on the WAGGGS WTD 2015 activity pack. This will help us evaluate our work and plan the activity pack for World Thinking Day 2016.
- Help us continue to work towards the MDGs!
- A month ago we have launched our MDG Take Action Backpack to help you on your journey to the MDG deadline in the end of 2015. MDGs are the focus of our Global Action Theme (GAT) “girls worldwide say together we can change the world”.
- World Thinking Day Twinning Story
- World Thinking Day 2015 is extra special in the Western Hemisphere Region, because celebrations are marked by joint events between our Twinning partners. Twinning 2020 was launched in November 2014 with the purpose of fostering cross-cultural learning and supportive international relationships among Member Organizations (MOs) within the Western Hemisphere Region. The aim is to improve the overall quality of the Guiding and Scouting experience, thereby enabling more girls and women to develop their fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world.
- World Thinking Day Fund Stories - 2014
- In Bangladesh funds were used for the creation of a project named ‘Education for Everyone’...
- What is MDG 8?
- This year’s World Thinking Day theme is Millennium Development Goal 8 (MDG 8): Develop a global partnership for development is the last year of the millennium Development Goals. MDG 8 encourages everyone, including governments, businesses and NGOs, to build partnerships as a way to achieve all the MDGs.