Fifth World Centre Pilot Project 'Stop the Violence' Training Event in Kigali, Rwanda: 6-11 May 2013
From 6-11 May, 48 participants from 28 countries around the world will meet in Kigali, Rwanda to take part in the 'Stop the Violence' training event as part of the Fifth World Centre Pilot Project. This is a week-long training programme where participants will discover, discuss, understand and be inspired by actions undertaken by the Association des Guides du Rwanda about the Stop the Violence campaign in an African context.
- Foster their leadership skills, especially in relation to advocacy and campaigning.
- Learn more about gender based violence and discrimination through non-formal education activities.
- Take part in a community visit, to see first-hand local initiatives on the ground.
- Develop their own campaign action plan by the end of the training event.
- Have the opportunity to initiate local, regional or national projects on gender based violence and discrimination in participating countries, and to promote them amongst all WAGGGS Member Organizations.
- Participate in a Fifth World Centre pilot project event.
Check here for daily participant updates from the event: