This is a free flow evening of fun, sharing of cross cultures, networking and fundraising. An international bazaar selling items from around the world, slots for cross cultural performances, music, photo opportunities are among the exciting activities planned for the evening.
Date: 8 July 2014 (Tuesday)
Venue: Basement Floor, Regal Airport Hotel
Attire: National/traditional costumes or attire that represents your country/culture
- Each Member Organization is invited to bring items for sale at the bazaar. This can be Guide merchandise or souvenirs from your country. Food items can be shared but not to be sold at the bazaar. If you are bringing food to share, please ensure that food brought are meat-free.
- There will be no reimbursements of items bought by the MOs.
- Each MO is responsible to ensure that items you bring are compliant to the customs allowances of Hong Kong.
- Sufficient tables will be provided for MOs.
- There will be no cash transactions at the MO stalls during the Bazaar. Anyone wishing to buy items from the stalls will need to have purchased WAGGGS Vouchers, as these will be the only “currency” accepted. WAGGGS Vouchers will be available for purchase before and during the Bazaar at designated counters. Vouchers will be sold in amounts equivalent to $10 USD and be available in three denominations: $1, £5 and $10. If you do not have US$ we will accept Hong Kong Dollars, Sterling or Euros. The prices in these other currencies will be posted up on the night; they will be based on that day’s exchange rate as published on the OANDA Currency Converter website , but they will be ‘rounded’ to the nearest whole HK Dollar, Pound or Euro. WAGGGS Vouchers can only be used at the Bazaar during the International Evening. There will be no refunds for unused Vouchers. Please refer to the section on “Currency” in the Booking Pack.
- Items for sale from the MOs should not exceed USD10 per item.
- MOs have a choice of using the amount raised from their respective stalls in the Bazaar for quota payment of their own or other Member Organizations or donate them to the World Thinking Day Fund.
- MOs interested to share performances during the evening are invited to prepare a performance not more than 5 minutes.
- MOs involved in performances are responsible to prepare your own props (e.g. costumes, equipment for your performance which is out of what organizers can provide musical instruments, etc if applicable). The organizers can prepare a laptop and sound system to play music. Music should be brought in a CD/DVD or MP3/WMA format in USB drive and handed to the team on the registration desk marked for the attention of ‘Sherine Whittle – International Night’.
- The size of the area of performance is 6 m2
- MOs wishing to perform should register with Grace Tam at Gracet@wagggsworld.org or on site at the information desk before the International Evening. Performance slots will be given on a first come first serve basis.
- A basket for you to accept donations will be in front of each performer to help to raise further funds for the MO.